Wednesday, August 19, 2009

That Fine Blue Wall

Every time I go into Anthropologie I am drawn straight to this blue wall. They change the display every month or so, and I love seeing whatever they put in front of it and the shadows that are cast upon it. Today they had a collection of hanging lamps, very low tech...they look like cages just hung on brown extension cords. Interesting, kind of like bare bulb shop lights. But the wall...hmmm. A photo just does not do the color justice. Even w/o a flash it looks more washed out than it really is. It is kind of a chalky blue, that looks like gesso was the undercoat in places. I keep imagining how I can duplicate a color like that as a background for a canvas or a journal page.

1 comment:

  1. I think those light fixtures look interesting....very basic, very bare-bones but I like the shapes.

    When I clicked on the picture I could see the blue better. It looks soft and almost cloud-like.

    ReplyDelete