Monday, April 21, 2014

My Botany Lesson




And the name of that plant is....drum roll.... ACANTHUS MOLLIS . The reason I mentioned it was a serendipitous moment, is the very evening I came home from seeing this plant in San Antonio, I checked in with one of my favorite local blogs, and saw a link on their site that sounded good... I'd never been to the site before. Vive Verde  so I clicked on it and there the plant was! It was on a list of strange plants.  Definitely going to put this one on a list of things I'd like to try somewhere. I appears it can be invasive in some climates. so would have to keep an eye on it. I don't think it would do well in Idaho, at least over the winter, so will have to plant it in Texas.

2 comments:

  1. I remember that plant. It's all over CA. I didn't know it got invasive . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to be a smartie...and say if it's "all over CA"..then it must be invasive. Ha Ha

      Delete