Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Ups and Downs of Texas weather

After quite an extended cold spell, by Texas standards, we have had a warming trend, and it has been 15 degrees above what is normal for this time of year. Enter the time for "cedar fever" which gets a lot of us down. I've certainly had a bout with it. The cedar pods pop, the wind blows it around, we have had a lot of winds. It doesn't help that I do like having my windows open, for some fresh air, but with that comes more allergies. This morning it was 47 and we are expecting a high in the 70's. T-shirt weather! We will get another cold front moving through in a day or two. I much prefer the cold, I do not complain, because it is easier on me than the triple digits we have in our long long summers.

Last night around 5:30 I stepped out my front door just in time to see these jet contrails in the sky. Since I collect X's, I grabbed my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment