Friday, December 10, 2010

Window Shopping

WEST ELM
Corrugated cardboard everywhere. In packaging, ornaments, display. I tried to talk them into selling me one of these giant chandeliers.


Book pages used for display, in garlands, flowers, covering branches, etc.


Wooden Pallets, in the middle of the room, with ornaments displayed on them.


Giant Acorn ornament, had to have since I collect them. Every year Hub and I buy at least one new one, so this is the one for 2010.


Lots of nice gift items in stationery, Lomo cameras, and a ton of items that come out this time of year. Of course these caught my eye. Buckets of Japanese masking tape. I used every bit of self-control I could muster. I only bought 2 stacks, green and orange.


FREE PEOPLE
This is a store that has amazing accessories, and jewelry. The clothing is mostly for teenagers in size OO though. Very nice Christmas displays. I really liked the decorated twigs and their boxes were all industrial Kraft color with a light brushing of gesso over them. Also this tree on the wall, made with a lot of found objects. Reminds me very much of the trees my Mother and Aunts used to make with costume jewelry on velvet and then framed them.



2 comments:

  1. Cool displays! I love the cardboard chandeliers! And of course all the book page items.

    I've been running around like a mad woman trying to get ready for our party next weekend. I've sadly neglected just about everything online.

    ReplyDelete